"Gems of Hope Inc. is a nonprofit organization that offers gifts of jewelry mounted on inspirational cards to cancer patients. The patients are invited, along with family and friends, to attend workshops to create these works of art for others."
On the home page the user immediately sees a slide show of pictures to introduce them to Gems of Hope and the various activities and events they are involved in.
There is a tribute page to one of the founding directors along with an audio clip of her experience with cancer and her reasons for building Gems of Hope. Here are some features used within this website:
- Facilitators can log in and: create a new workshop event; create a newsletter
- Editors and Administrators can create all content including special events; They can upload a new image for the front page slideshow as well as crop it to fit correctly.
- The right sidebar uses a block to display a random image of special events.
- An embedded audio player is used to play a recording of one of the directors.
- Shopping cart is available so users can order a Gems of Hope card online.
- An online Calendar is used to provide visitors an overview of various activities.
- Full website search is built in.